CyberLink PowerCinema 4 Provides Easy Entry to the Home Entertainment Experience
Taipei, Taiwan --- CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), a world leader and pioneer in providing integrated solutions for the Digital Home, today launched TV solution PowerCinema 4, offering an easy means of converting the home PC into a feature-rich entertainment center.
The new PowerCinema package includes a TV-tuner card for receiving TV and radio programming and capturing analog video. A stylish 3D interface and operation by remote control ensure easy navigation of features, including games, DVD movies, music, pictures, and video modules.
New features allow CD ripping and auto photo fixing via remote control. Users can also record and schedule TV and radio programs and save them on their hard disks. DVD playback is supported by technology developed for industry-leading PowerDVD, delivering unsurpassed video quality and rich audio playback.
“CyberLink has been in the business of TV recording on the PC for years, with technologies that now let mom and dad transform their home computer into a complete entertainment center,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink Corp. “In fact, CyberLink PowerCinema 4 offers a deceptively simple solution, providing a bundled TV + Radio tuner card, support for remote control operation and 5.1 channel home-theater systems, exceptional DVD playback, and a range of options for expanding functionality.”
CyberLink PowerCinema 4 highlights:
– Analog and Analog-Digital TV tuner card support provides reception of TV and radio, and allows capturing of analog video. (TV card support differs according to regional requirements)
– Internet and Teletext Electronic Program Guide support enables access to program information (where supported by region) and an easy way to schedule TV recording.
– Second-generation video-enhancing technology CyberLink Eagle Vision (CLEV-2) brightens images and makes colors more natural while compensating for dark DVD playback on LCD monitors.
– Dolby Digital audio 5.1-channel support lets users maximize their enjoyment of Hollywood DVDs with playback through their 5.1-channel audio equipment.
– Second-generation audio-expansion technology CyberLink Multi-channel Environment Impression (CLMEI-2) takes up to 5.1-channel audio and expands it into 8-channel audio for playback on the latest digital home-theater systems.
– CyberLink Headphone (CLHP) and CyberLink Virtual Speaker (CLVS) deliver a richer audio experience with virtual surround via headphones or two speakers.
– Support for High-Definition Video enables the playback of higher quality WMV-HD and HD DVD video files.
– DivX support now enables playback of DivX 5 and DivX Pro video files.
– Recent Videos allows users to quickly return to their recently opened video files.
– Auto Red-Eye Removal and Image Fixing provide a quick one-click method of enhancing digital photos.
– Recent Photos allows users to quickly return to their recently opened image files.
– Rip CD enables quick creation of WMA audio files from CDs.
– Recent Music allows users to quickly return to their recently opened audio files.
– Live Recording enables the recording of live radio programs directly to a user’s hard drive.
– Schedule Recording lets users program PowerCinema to record programs at a set time and date.
– Downloads features CyberLink trial software that can be downloaded for free.
– Support Center provides Q&As and easy access to CyberLink’s online support.
– Store lets users browse and buy products available in the CyberLink online store.
Wild Tangent Games
– Crystal Maze and Slyder are two full version games accessible from within PowerCinema. Each is designed for operation via remote control.
– 3 Trial Games let users play a wide variety of keyboard-based games before buying online.
– Games will be released soon as free update patches to users.
– CyberLink Remote Control rounds off the home entertainment experience with easy navigation of features.
– Magic Director supports the editing of videos into home movies via remote control, featuring background music, movie styles, and technology for enhancing image and audio quality.
– MakeDVD 2 enables the easy authoring and burning of video, music and photo files to DVD – also via remote control.
– The DTS plug-in lets users experience 5.1-channel audio on DVDs featuring Digital Theater Surround audio.
– The Audio Pack plug-in lets users upgrade their Dolby support to the latest 8-channel home theater audio, expand from 2 to 8-channel audio, and experience virtual surround sound technology, with Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Headphone and Dolby Virtual Speaker.
Product Photos and Information:
Detailed product information can be found at:
Priced around US$99.00