Digital Nerd

Monday, July 11, 2005

Media Center for your Car

Sean Alexander has this great article about MCE for your car!

Phil Torrone over at MAKE Magazine should do an article on this one. Via Alexander Grundner at eHomeUpgrade, the in-dash Media Center-capable PCs are coming. As he notes (via engadget):

Details are still coming out (mostly due to translation issues Korean language + Flash files = pain in the ass), but various sites have been able to deduce that the INFILL T3 is powered by a 1.0 or 1.6Ghz CPU and offers 40GB of storage, DVD drive, TV tuner, GPS, voice control, USB, remote, and one empty mini PCI slot (where's the Wi-Fi?). Moreover, the T3 is either pre-loaded with Windows XP and/or can be upgraded to MCE. Again, details are forthcoming, so don't shoot the messenger

I'd love to put one of these bad boys in my car but it won't fit. Meanwhile, I'm trading in my cherished Honda "I want a sportscar before kids and my midlife crisis" S2000 for a Toyota "I'm a responsible parent toting the kids to Gymboree" Prius. Maybe I can hack it to add Media Center? We'll see..

RSS: MAKE Blog
RSS: eHome Upgrade Top Stories


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home