Digital Nerd

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Microsoft and RealNetworks Resolve Antitrust Case

Via Thomas Hawk:

Microsoft and RealNetworks Resolve Antitrust Case Damn. Real Networks sucks so bad. It has been the pariah that I never can seem to truly be rid of. It pains me to hear that seem to be getting a leg up here. NO. I don't want pop ups thank you. NO. keep your crazy software that wants to reinstall itself all the time to yourself. Get out of my systray. No I don't want "free" aol or internet. And god no. I do not want you as my primary media player. I don't want the Real OneSearch Internet Explorer toolbar or any of your other spyware. I don't want to have to "register" my product with you and I don't want to be kept updated with your product news and updates. I hate you.

Perhaps they're different now and perhaps I'm not giving them a fair shake as my only feelings about them are based on about six years of them trying to sell me things, making my toolbars flash with "update" requests and being told that whatever it is I wanted to play couldn't play because I need yet another download from them. Quite frankly I wish they could be driven out of business.

Whether valid or not I have pretty strong feelings that they suck at present. I'll stick with Windows Media Player thank you very much. Maybe they are trying to reinvent themselves as a consumer media company but here's a hint. Change your name. People hate you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home